The Rogue Co-Ops have created the Start A Co-op Contest to help raise awareness of the benefits of the cooperative business model and to grow the co-op movement in the Rogue Valley by providing education to qualifying fledgling co-ops and monetary support for the winner.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be legal residence or US citizens
- Business must be located in the Rogue Valley
- Business must use cooperative business model or be converting to the cooperative business model.
Contest submissions will be evaluated by three judges using the scoring guide provided in this packet. All submissions will also be posted to social media so the Rogue Valley community can act as a “fourth judge”. Contestants will be scored on their Business Plan Summary and Presentation.
The criteria used to select the winner will include:
- Social impact of the proposed cooperative on the Rogue Valley
- Market viability/scalability
- Financial Viability
- Ability to execute
- Passion & entrepreneurial spirit
The winner will be awarded $3,000 to further their efforts in establishing or converting their cooperative business.
The Start a Co-op Contest has 6 major components:
- Co-op Awareness Class
- Co-op Business Plan Workshop
- Business Plan Summary
- Business Plan Presentation
Please read our Start a Co-op Contestant Handbook for all the important information, before proceeding to our application.